The new top sheet holds the ball with improved resistance to surface abrasion
The top sheet has also made progress, in parallel with the sponge, to impart spin on the ball with more ease and to take advantage of the features of the new sponge.
- - It holds the ball more on the surface thanks to a unique composition which enhances flexibility without losing elasticity.
- - Furthermore, its resistance to abrasion has been successfully doubled* by using new technology and past experience.
* Judged by the unique endurance test results of rubbers conducted by Butterfly
The microscopic world proves the high resistance to abrasion
The more you hit the ball with the rubber, the more its surface gets worn down. The surface condition when the ball is continuously hit in the same area the same number of times can be seen in the following pictures*. The pictures show that although the surface of the current rubber is very worn, the surface of Dignics is much more intact, proving its resilience to abrasion on the sheet’s surface.
* The visions with naked-eye and the micrographs with one thousand times observation magnification
The surface condition when the ball is continuously hit in the same area the same number of times
* Dignics 05 is used for the experiment.
I feel Dignics has a high resistance to abrasion. When practicing every day, I had to change my rubbers after using around three days in the past. Now I’m using Dignics 80, and I can usually use a rubber for one week*.
Jun Mizutani (JPN)
* A comment by Jun Mizutani; world top player. You can use a rubber for one to four months in general. It differs according to how long you use in a day. Learn more
The essence of Dignics - The combination of Spring Sponge X and the new sheet
The ease of creating an arc in topspin play is enhanced; a stable and powerful shot is made possible by combining the Spring Sponge X with the new top sheet. It is excellent at holding the ball; especially during shots which require a delicate touch, the feature is demonstrated in counter-attacking play and when playing the “banana-flick”.
1. The top sheet catches the ball with its enhanced grip, while the more flexible Spring Sponge X compresses to a large amount.
2. Spring Sponge X with advanced elasticity supports the top sheet as it recovers from compression with more energy.
3. Therefore, the shot becomes more powerful with more chance to travel in an arc.